Jump to the main content block

History

 

 History
1955

Department of Accountancy and Statistics, Department of Industrial and Business Management, and Department of Transportation and Communication Management were established in Taiwan Provincial College of Engineering, the forerunner of the University.

1956

The Taiwan Provincial College of Engineering was transformed into Taiwan Provincial Cheng Kung University and the three departments listed above constituted the College of Business.

 
1961 The Bank of Practice was founded.
 
1965 The Department of Industrial and Business Management was divided into two divisions, Industrial Management and Business Administration.
 
1966 The Business Administration and Accountancy Departments established evening programs.
 
1969 The College was enlarged, adding the Graduate Institute of Industrial Management; and the Accountancy and Statistics Department was divided into two divisions.
 
1972 The Industrial Management and Business Administration Divisions became two independent departments.
 
1973 The Industrial Management Department established an evening program.
 
1974 The Accountancy and Statistics Department became two independent departments. The Industrial Management Department was renamed as the “Industrial Management Science Department”, and the Transportation and Communication Management Department was renamed as the “Transportation and Communication Management Science Department”. The Statistics Department established an evening program.
 
1976 The Transportation and Communication Management Science Department established an evening program.
 
1977 The Graduate Institute of Transportation Engineering and Management was established.
 
1978 The Graduate Institute of Transportation Engineering and Management was renamed as the Graduate Institute of Transportation and Communication Management Science.
 
1980 The College of Business was renamed as the “College of Management”.
 
1985 A building for the Department of Industrial Management, the Graduate Institute of Industrial Management, the Graduate Institute of Transportation Management, and the Department of Accountancy was constructed.
 
1988 The Graduate Institute of Transportation and Communication Management Science started its doctoral program.
 
1989 The Department of Business Administration started its Master’s program.
 
1991 The Master’s program in Statistics and the doctoral program in Industrial Management were formed.
 
1992 The Master’s program in Accountancy was established.
 
1993 The Department of Business Administration offered the doctoral degree.
 
1994 A building annexed to the old management building was completed. The Management Library was opened and the Graduate Institute of International Business was established.
 
1995 The Departments of Industrial Management and The Department of Business Administration established Bachelor programs for the graduates of junior colleges in Kaoshiung and Tainan, respectively.
 
1996 The doctoral program in Accountancy was established. The Bank of Practice was closed.
 
1998 The Institute of Information Management was established, offering tne master degree. The doctoral program of Statistics was established.
 
1999 The Executive Master of Business Administration program was formed.
 
2000 The doctoral program in Institute of International Business is established. The master program of the Institute of Finance and Banking is offered.
 
2001 The master program in Institute of Telecommunications Management was established.
 
2003 International Master of Business Administration was established. The Department of Industrial Management Science renamed as the Department of Industrial and Information Management.
 
2005 The doctoral programs in Institute of Finance and Banking and Institute of Information Management formed.

2006

Institute of International Management,Institute of Physical Education,Health and Leisure Studies,and Advanced Master of Business Administration was established

Announcement